Thursday, September 15, 2011

It is time...for stormy weather

By now we've all shared our hurricane stories and we're on to the next unfolding drama...but my life has been a little chaotic for the past few months and may just maybe be settling down, so I'm getting to this now...

As word of the impending hurricane spread across NYC, people ran out to stores buying up bread, batteries, and bottled water. Meanwhile N and I sat in our apartment and wondered if we were making a mistake, since we had failed to make any type of preparation. We decided to venture out into the rain that was just starting up, in search of bread and cheese puffs, neither of which we ended up finding. We returned home empty handed and settled on the couch with dark n' stormies, waiting, like kids at the movie theatre for the show to begin.

The rain came down and N soon retired to the bedroom where he began a 6 hour nap leaving me to my own devices. This of course, means craft time. I have a habit of pulling boxes of things out, magazines, paper, photos, markers, paint, glue, glitter, stickers, stamps, ETC and making a huge mess, but not using most of it, so this time I decided to keep it simple. Here we got some acrylic paints, some cut-outs of lucha libre found on the streets of Mazatlan and a guy from a new age 80's dance exercise book. I wouldn't say it's the most fabulous thing I've ever made, but I think it captures my evening pretty well.


On a more serious note - sending my thoughts out to those who are still dealing with the aftermath, especially those who were already struggling financially before the storm hit...

No comments: